As a valued customer of Elanar Technical Services Ltd we want to be open with you about what data we collect and how we use it. Elanar Technical Services Ltd is committed to protecting you and the data we hold to respect your privacy.
This notice/ policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. We take your privacy seriously and will only ever use your personal information to administer your account and comply with any legal obligations in the execution of our services to you.
Below are details of the information we collect from you, what we do with it and who it might be shared with.
What information do we collect from you?
• Name and address
• Contact Telephone Numbers and email address
• Details about the equipment we maintain, repair or service for you
• Company information (business users only)
If you do provide personal information, we will assume you have read this Notice and have consented to us using your personal information in the ways described in this notice.
Why do we collect this information?
We collect this information to carry out your obligations to you in order to provide you with the products or services you have requested from us and to meet your requirements
Who might we share this information with?
We do not share this information with any other organisation unless the following circumstances apply:
• Notification of a controlled service to local authority building control
• Notification of Gas work to Gas Safe Register
• Notification of Oil firing work to OFTEC
• Registration for warranty purposes to an equipment manufacturer
• Your address when required to arrange delivery of goods direct from our supplier
• HRMC in the process of completing VAT returns
What do we do with your information?
Your information is retained on our Customer Service database we will use this information to:
• To contact you on the anniversary of your boiler service to arrange a visit
• When you contact us as you require our services
• Provide us with a history of works completed at your property, which assists us in future works or services
How long do we keep hold of your information?
The length of time that we will store your data will depend on the ‘legal basis’ for why we are holding your data, as follows
• Legal basis; where we use/store your data because it is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us
• Length of time; the information which is held on our Customer Service Database will be held indefinitely, or until such time as you contact us to request that your information/details are removed
• Details of payments you have made to us are stored on our Sage accounting software this information has to be retained securely for a period of not less than 7 years in compliance with HMRC requirements
How can I access the information you hold about me?
The Data protection Act 1998 and GDPR gives you the right to access the information held about you. You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal information held about you. You also have the right to ask for inaccuracies to be corrected. A copy of the information held about you by us can be requested in writing.
How we will use the information about you?
We collect information about you to process your service/repair/installation request and manage your account. It may be shared with a third party in order for the delivery of materials i.e. your name and address.
In order to notify a controlled service or register a warranty on your behalf
In order to contact you in response to a specific enquiry or to organise an appointment flagged up by our reminder facility
If you request a service via our web site or email
We will never share your information with a third party for marketing purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is kept secure. In order to prevent un-authorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
Whenever we collect sensitive information such as Debit/Credit card details, this information is entered directly into our Streamline card terminal and no information is written down. to prevent unauthorised access
We work hard to protect the information that we hold on Elanar Technical Services Ltd’s Customers.
We restrict access to our Customer Service Database to Elanar Technical Services Ltd’s employees.
Links to other websites
Any links to other websites are provided solely as pointers/websites of interest or companies for which we are affiliated or members. Once you leave our website you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
Any changes to this policy/notice in the future will be posted on our website
Elanar Technical Services Limited
Stone Street Court
V1.1 dated 18th May 2018.